- Generally, a Buffer or Volume tank is one that is installed to add extra capacity to any system that contains fluid.
- Hanson tank manufactures buffer tanks for both hot and chilled water systems.
- Their purpose is to increase the volume of water in the system to achieve optimum efficiency.
- It is usually insulated to reduce unwanted heat transfer. Hanson Buffer tanks are normally vertical and as they are for indirect closed loop systems, are usually unlined. Without a buffer tank, rapid fluctuation of water temperature causes frequent stops and starts (“short cycling”) of the equipment.
- A correctly sized and located thermal buffer tank significantly improves the performance and longevity of the entire system it is installed in.
- Hanson can manufacture any style of cylindrical buffer tanks in carbon or stainless steel.
- Buffer tanks 42″ OD and above have a 12″ x 16″ manway.
- If you have a special requirement, please send us a description or sketch for a prompt quotation.
Click Chilled water tanks to see typical sizes and prices of Chilled Water Buffer Tanks, including sizing information and formula.
Click Hot Water Buffer Tanks to see typical sizes and prices of Hot Water Buffer Tanks.
STANDARD VERTICAL CHILLED WATER BUFFER TANKS 240-610 gallon IN STOCK
Due to recent, significant, volatility in the steel market, a surcharge may apply to the prices
- All prices are FOB our plant, Los Angeles, California.
- In stock tanks cannot be modified.
- Standard styles can be modified at nominal cost. The part# will change.
- DRAWINGS ARE UPDATED TO CURRENT A.S.M.E. DATE FOR NEW ORDERS.
- If the capacity or working pressure you need is not listed, contact us for a prompt quotation.
- TANKS SHIPPED BY TRUCK MUST BE SKIDDED FOR SHIPMENT - CALL FOR PRICING.
- As well as ASME, we can meet other domestic and international codes. EG: ABS, USCG, Canadian, Lloyds and DNV.