Chilled Water Buffer Tanks
- These tanks increase the capacity of a closed loop chilled water system and stabilize the return water temperature. This results in fewer cycles of the compressor and better temperature control overall. Chiller manufacturers recommend between three and ten gallons of total capacity in the system per nominal ton, depending on the accuracy of temperature control required. The size of tank is determined by deducting the capacity of the basic system from the desired capacity. For example, a 80 ton system with 200 gallons in it would need a 600 gallon buffer tank for optimum (ten gallons per ton) efficiency. Most chiller manufacturers recommend five gallons per nominal ton for a typical air conditioning system. In the above example, this would result in a 200 gallon buffer tank.
- The ¾” top connection is for an air vent valve, for example a Honeywell Braukmann #EA79A1004.
- HANSON TANK manufactures two styles of 125# ASME chilled water tanks. Both vertical, they have either a vertical internal baffle with connections on the sides of the tank, or a dip tube on one of two connections on the top head. Please refer to the attached drawings for details. Chilled water tank standard connections are from 2″ to 3″ FNPT and 4″ to 8″ 150# Flanges. Grooved pipe stubs are available for all sizes instead. Tanks 42″ diameter and above have a 12″ x 16″ elliptical manway installed in the shell.
- Factory insulation is also offered at reasonable cost.
Hanson Tank Buffer Tank Sizes: Add 4″ for supports.
(Please enquire for other sizes and connections)
All sizes of Chilled Water Buffer Tanks are built to order in 3 to 4 weeks
- Click Hot Water Buffer Tanks to see typical sizes and prices of Hot Water Buffer Tanks.
- Click Custom Vertical Chilled Water Buffer Tanks to see typical sizes and drawings.
- Click Custom Horizontal Chilled Water Buffer Tanks to see typical sizes and drawings.
Standard Chilled Water Tanks
Click for details
|80||20″ X 64″0||2″.0 FNPT connection||WL-226-B||$ 2452||4|
|120||24″ X 64″0||3″.0flanges||WL-616-B||$ 3044||4|
|200||30″ X 72″0||3″.0150# flange||WL-264-B||$ 3537||4|
|240||30″ X 84″0||4″.0150# flange||B-240-30||$ 4728||IN STOCK|
|300||36″ X 76″0||3″.0FNPT connection||WL-924-B||$ 3810||4|
|300||36″ X 77″0||4″.0150# flange||WO-215-B||$ 4378||4|
|350||36″ X 86″0||4″.0150# flange||B-350-36||$ 4913||IN STOCK|
|400||36″ X 99″0||3″.0FNPT connection||WL-556-B||$ 4140||4|
|400||36″ X 99″0||4″.0 150# flanges||WL-932-B||$ 5042||4|
|405||42″ X 76″0||6″.0150# flanges||WL-313-B||$ 5258||4|
|450||42″ X 84″0||4″.0150# flange||B-450-42||$ 5479||IN STOCK|
|500||42″ X 92″0||6″.0 150# flanges||WM-631-B||$ 5607||4|
|520||42″ X 96″0||6″.0 150# flanges||WL-468-B||$ 5801||4|
|610||48″ X 87″ 0||6″.0 150# flanges||B-610-48||$ 6765||IN STOCK|
|800||48″ X 112″||6″.0 150# flanges||WM-199-B||$ 7561||4|
|1000||48″ X 140″||6″.0 150# flanges||WM-185-B||$ 8317||4|
|1200||54″ X 134″||6″.0150# flanges||WO-741-B||$ 10329||4|
- All prices are FOB our plant, Los Angeles, California.
- TANKS SHIPPED BY TRUCK MUST BE SKIDDED FOR SHIPMENT – CALL FOR PRICING.
- In stock tanks cannot be modified.
- Standard styles can be modified at nominal cost. The part# will change.
- DRAWINGS ARE UPDATED TO CURRENT A.S.M.E. DATE FOR NEW ORDERS.
- If the capacity or working pressure you need is not listed, contact us for a prompt quotation.
- As well as ASME, we can meet other domestic and international codes. EG: ABS, USCG, Canadian, Lloyds and DNV.
- Rev. 022020181127